Mental Health and Wellbeing
A list of helplines which offer advice and support on a range of issues affecting children and families:
Useful Wellbeing Links
- NHS: Every Mind Matters – Expert advice and practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Action for Children – Protecting and supporting children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives.
- Young Minds – A Parents’ Helpline available to offer advice to parents and carers worried about a child or young person under 25.
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families – Providing a range of specialist types for support for children, young people and families, seeing them at the Centre, in schools and other settings
- Find services near you - providing information on services to support all areas of mental health
- Advice for all areas of mental health
- Advice for parents on children's mental health and behaviour.
- Place2be - an excellent website with links to support parents with a range of issues including anxiety, sleep difficulties, dealing with divorce, resilience
Bereavement, Loss and Grief
Support for those coping with the loss of a loved one:
- Walsall Bereavement Support Service 01922645035 or visit their website
- Winston’s Wish helpline call 08088 020 021 or visit their website
- www.griefencounter.org.uk - This site helps bereaved children get the best possible help, recognition and understanding following their loss. It has a link where you can create a memorial site.
- www.brake.org.uk - A charity providing support for road crash victims and carers, advice for road users and information exchange for professionals. Their children's book is excellent, available at www.amyandtom.org
Children and Young People
Help and advice for children, young people and their families https://go.walsall.gov.uk/children-and-young-people
Information about Walsall Council's Early Help resources to support children and families who are struggling can be found here.